Using CBD When You Travel!
CBD is everywhere these days. It’s infused in lotions, creams, foods, drinks, and more! For those who have had the chance to experience CBD edibles and other CBD products, they may have become a part of your routine. CBD is also used to help alleviate many issues such as anxiety and inflammation.
With summer upon us, many people are starting to look at vacation and travel plans. Those who use CBD regularly may be wondering if they can take their products with them. Or, if you are a nervous traveler, you may be wondering if CBD can help make your trip a little easier.
What Is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural compound found in cannabis and hemp plants. It is non-intoxicating (its cousin, THC, is responsible for the high cannabis user’s experience) but offers many benefits. CBD can:
- Provide feelings of relaxation and calm.
- Help regulate sleep cycles.
- Reduce inflammation of the joints.
- Soothe pain from sore muscles.
Whatever your reason for using CBD, there are many ways you can ingest it. Popular CBD products include:
Is CBD Even Legal?
There is much confusion around the legality of CBD and cannabis products in general. Each state (and country) has its laws making it tricky to know what is and is not allowed.
The Farm Bill of 2018 made hemp-based CBD, or CBD extracted from hemp plants, legal on a federal level. This CBD cannot contain more than .03 percent THC.
Though legal on a federal level, its use may not be legal in all states. So, before you head out, you’ll need to research the laws in the state(s) you travel to and through.
Using CBD When Your Travel
As we learned, people use CBD for many reasons. But, even those who don’t use CBD regularly may find themselves considering taking it before traveling. Here’s why:
- CBD can help nervous fliers and travelers. Many people find CBD to help alleviate anxiety; you can find CBD anxiety testimonials all over the web. Taking a small amount of CBD before takeoff can help make your flight a much more pleasant experience.
- Sitting in the car or on an airplane for an extended period of time can leave you with sore, stiff muscles. Standing up after arriving can be a painful experience. Using something like candy CBD oil can help alleviate these effects, thanks to CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- When you travel, you’ll likely find yourself in a new time zone (depending on how far you go). Even an hour difference can wreak havoc on your body’s internal clock. CBD may be able to help you adjust.
Tips for Travelling With CBD
Preparing to travel with CBD can be anxiety-inducing, which can lead you to take CBD anxiety gummies just to plan! Here are a few critical pieces of information you need before traveling with CBD and tips to make the process easier:
- Per the TSA, you can travel with CBD-based hemp. But, you’ll need to follow their regulations when it comes to the size of liquid containers you can carry. It is not recommended you travel with a hemp flower as they look very similar to cannabis flowers. Check the TSA website before flying with CBD to get the full details.
- If you are traveling out of the country, it’s best to leave your CBD at home. Every country has different laws, and it’s better not to risk it by taking your product with you abroad.
- When you travel with things like high quality CBD gummies, you should be able to find a certificate of analysis (COA) from the manufacture. This breaks down what the product is and what is in it. Print this off and carry it with you as you travel in case you need to show that it is hemp-based.
- You can also take one of the gummies from your 500mg CBD gummies jar before you leave and buy more at your destination and avoid traveling with CBD altogether. Simply look up, “where can I buy CBD” to find a dispensary in your destination. Just be sure to read CBD edibles review on the dispensary site before buying to ensure they are of good quality.
Using CBD to travel is becoming more common as more places allow the use of CBD products, and people look for natural ways to make traveling easier. By doing a little research, you can feel confident in your plan to travel with CBD.