Summertime is filled with time outdoors. The warm weather that most of us get to experience after months of cold (or at least cooler) weather can inspire many people to head outside. Whether you are enjoying fun outdoor activities, such as hanging out on the beach or enjoying a backyard barbeque, or doing some less-fun activities like landscaping and yard work, the heat can do a number on our bodies.
While time spent outside can improve your mood, boost your Vitamin D, and more, it can also have some more adverse effects. Increased temperatures mean more sweating, which means you’ll be losing more fluid than usual. This loss of fluid can lead to increased chances of dehydration.
A refreshing beverage can help you cool down after working hard or standing over a hot grill. Getting too warm can cause heatstroke. Grabbing a cool summer beverage can keep your body temperature down where it needs to be.
That’s why staying hydrated in the summertime is so important. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy a nice refreshing beverage while relaxing poolside or on your deck?
If you are looking for a truly enjoyable summertime beverage experience, consider spicing it up by adding CBD. Just a few CBD oil drops can a long way in helping you relax while also cooling you down from the heat.
The Perfect Summertime Drinks
Not all drinks are created equal. Every beverage offers its own experience and benefits. If you are dehydrated, for example, nothing can beat a big glass of ice water. It will replenish the water you’ve lost via sweating and help you cool down.
Other drinks are ideal for relaxing (such as tea) or for boosting energy (like soda or coffee). When you add CBD oil to your favorite summer drink, you can help boost its properties. The addition of CBD can do more to help you unwind, or by adding a small amount, you can get the boost you need to get through the day.
And, some drinks just scream “summer” more than others. When you think of warm weather, iced tea, lemonade, and ice water likely come to mind.
We’ll show you how you can use hemp oil drops and other CBD products to create the ultimate summer drink special. Try one of our three CBD summertime drink recipes described below.
Before You Start Mixing
Before you start making your CBD drink specials, you’ll want to keep two very important factors in mind:
- The amount of CBD each drink will contain.
- Whether you use flavored CBD oil or unflavored pure CBD oil.
First, to figure out how much CBD each drink contains, you should take the amount of CBD used in the entire recipe and divide it by the number of servings. Then, be sure to stick with the number of servings each recipe suggests or adjust your calculations accordingly.
Second, using unflavored CBD will not change the taste of the ingredients in your drink. But, if you use flavored CBD oil drops, you can enhance your flavor or make your drink taste odd. For example, using bubble gum CBD oil or cotton candy CBD oil in your iced tea will give you a unique drink that you probably won’t enjoy, but it could be a great addition to a different, fruitier drink.
CBD Iced Tea Recipe
First, let’s brew the summertime drink favorite: iced tea—but with CBD. To make this, you will need:
- 8 cups of water
- 1-2 drops of CBD oil (vanilla CBD oil may add a unique flavor)
- 4-5 orange tea bags
- 4 tablespoons of sugar (can use more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon of lemon zest
- A pitcher
- Large pot
- Fill your pot with all eight cups of water and place it on the stove. Turn the burner to medium heat.
- Once the water is boiling, add the tea bags and reduce heat until it simmers.
- Let the teabags and water simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a spoon to remove the tea bags.
- Whisk in sugar, lemon zest, and CBD and remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool for five minutes.
- Dump the tea into your pitcher along with some ice.
- Let everything cool in the fridge for about 20 to 25 minutes before serving.
This recipe will make six glasses of iced tea and can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
CBD Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
To make this refreshing beverage, you’ll need to make lemonade and a strawberry puree. We’ll show you how.
Ingredients (for puree)
- 1½ cups of lemon juice
- 2 cups of strawberries
- ¼ cup of water
Ingredients (for lemonade)
- ½ cup of sugar
- 6 cups of water (purified)
- 3 drops of CBD (consider strawberry CBD oil to boost the strawberry flavor)
- Place your strawberries and ¼ cup of water in a blender.
- Blend until they form a puree.
- Turn off the blender and add sugar. Blend for another 15 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour the puree into a pitcher and add six cups of water and the CBD.
- Stir well and serve.
You can keep this in the fridge for up to four days, but be sure to stir before serving again.
CBD Margarita Recipe
This alcoholic beverage is perfect for winding down at the end of the day. You’ll need:
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- ½ drop of CBD oil
- ½ ounce of agave syrup
- ½ ounce of orange liqueur
- Cocktail shaker
- Margarita glass
- Fill your shaker with tequila, lime juice, CBD, syrup, and liqueur.
- Add ice to fill the shaker.
- Shake for at least 10 seconds.
- Pour into your margarita glass.
You can garnish your drink with a lime wedge and salt around the edge if desired. As with any alcoholic drink, be sure to consume responsibly. You can also tweak the ingredients to get the flavor of margarita you desire.