Baking With CBD: Dosage for CBD Cookies
Attention baking enthusiasts and CBD fans. Did you know you can make your own CBD edibles at home? Instead of searching for CBD edibles for sale, you can use your baking expertise to create your own CBD-infused sweets, such as CBD cookies.
Why Bake With CBD?
It’s no surprise that baking with CBD has become so popular. After all, CBD offers users many benefits.
- It allows users to experience CBD edibles in their own way. Bakers can personalize their favorite recipes and only include ingredients they like.
- Baking your own CBD cookies allows you to manage the dose you ingest. If you have a strong tolerance, you can add more. If you are new, you can be sure to use a smaller amount of CBD in your batch of cookies.
- They offer long-lasting effects. Though you’ll need to wait about 30 minutes before the CBD kicks in, you’ll experience results that can last anywhere from four hours to eight hours, making the wait worth it.
- Baking your own CBD cookies is easy. While you can make cannabutter to have on hand to use, you can also use other products like unflavored pure CBD oil or CBD tinctures.
You should also note, finding CBD to bake with is easier than ever. No longer do you have to wonder, where can I buy CBD? You can find the CBD you need to make your favorite CBD cookies online from reputable sellers.
How to Bake With CBD
Baking with CBD is relatively easy. However, there are some things you should keep in mind when doing so to ensure you get the end up with the best cookies possible.
First, it’s important to know that CBD can be quite heat-sensitive. Although the effect oven temperatures have on it when used in baking isn’t yet fully known, experts recommend not baking your cookies in an oven that is over 320 to 340 degrees to prevent the effects from burning off.
Next, you’ll want to remember that CBD oils and tinctures come in different flavors. Make sure to choose one that is unflavored or that complements your recipe. For example, using vanilla CBD or candy CBD would probably work well with your cookies, but other flavors, like cotton candy, probably wouldn’t. You could also choose to use something like CBD chocolate edibles as your cookie additions instead of baking with CBD oil if desired.
Finally, for your body to absorb the CBD best, you’ll need to pair it with a fat like butter or oil. This just better helps your body process the CBD, so you get the best effects possible.
Dosing for CBD Cookies
Whenever you consume any CBD product, including homemade CBD cookies, it is essential to know how much CBD is in them so you don’t take too much (or too little). But, knowing the amount you are consuming requires a little math.
When you buy CBD products such as high-quality CBD gummies, the bottle will likely say something like 500mg CBD gummies on it. That doesn’t mean each gummy contains 500mg of CBD. You’d need to divide that by the total number of gummies in the bottle.
Same with your CBD cookies. Take the amount of CBD in your CBD cookies recipe and divide it by the number of cookies you make. This will tell you the amount of CBD you have per cookie.
CBD Cookie Recipe
Ready to get baking? Try this CBD chocolate chip cookie recipe.
First, you’ll need your ingredients and equipment. You’ll need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon CBD oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 3 cups, all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Here’s how to make your cookies:
- Preheat your oven to about 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix your butter and both sugars until they are smooth using an electric mixer.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in your vanilla extract and CBD oil until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix well with your electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a scoop to place drops of cookie dough onto your cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool using a spatula.