Did you know that most people lose between 50 and 100 hairs each day? It makes sense if you find yourself constantly finding random strands of hair in your bathroom and throughout your home.
While some hair loss is normal, some underlying issues can cause men and women to lose more strands than usual, resulting in thinning hair, bald spots, and more. Hair loss can significantly impact people’s self-esteem and even mental health.
As more and more people start to realize CBD benefits and all CBD has to offer, CBD has started to become a go-to for treating various issues. Many people find using CBD for stress to be helpful, and there are many CBD anxiety testimonials on the web of people sharing how CBD has helped alleviate their anxiety. CBD skin care products are also popping up as people start to see the effect CBD can have on their skin.
So, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that people have started to look to CBD as an option to naturally treat hair loss. But does it work? And how can CBD help keep your hair healthy?
CBD and Hair Loss
There are many CBD benefits in skincare, which include scalp and hair care. Before we look at how CBD can benefit your scalp, it’s important to remember that hair loss has many causes, and the cause of your hair loss is important to know. Some people are genetically predisposed to baldness, while others may lose their hair due to medications or illnesses.
If you are experiencing thinning hair due to medical conditions, CBD will not help you regrow it. Instead, you’ll want to work with your healthcare provider to develop a plan to manage the disease or underlying issue. They may recommend you use CBD products as part of your treatment regimen.
There are, however, many CBD oil skin benefits that can keep your hair and scalp healthy. This can, in turn, help encourage hair growth.
Let’s look at the CBD beauty benefits products offer and how they help the top of your head.
- CBD is a known anti-inflammatory. Some hair loss can be triggered by inflammation (diseases such as psoriasis and dermatitis, for example). Using CBD can help soothe this inflammation and make it easier for hair to grow while also encouraging hair growth and protecting your hair.
- CBD is also an antioxidant. This property is one reason CBD oil beauty products have become so popular. CBD oil is rich in vitamins A, C, and E, which play a role in protecting your hair from free radicals, which can be found in the environment. These can damage your hair. CBD can help protect your hair, keeping it healthy and strong.
- CBD can balance oil production. So, if your scalp is greasy and oily, using CBD products in your hair can help manage those oils to normal levels. This will leave your hair looking its best and help to keep your scalp balanced and healthy.
- CBD can combat dryness. CBD contains amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. By using these on your hair and scalp, you can strengthen and hydrate your hair while also keeping your scalp hydrated and preventing dandruff.
How to Use CBD on Your Hair and Scalp
Now that you know the benefits CBD has to offer, you may be considering using it to help keep your hair healthy or to protect your hair as you and your doctor work to correct underlying hair loss causes.
But how exactly do you use CBD for the top of your head?
While there are tons of CBD products out there, not all are ideal for use on your skin and hair. Edibles, such as CBD gummies, for example, may not get you the results you want (though they are tasty). Though a CBD bath bomb may create a relaxing bath experience, unless you soak your head in the water, it may not offer your hair the benefits you want either.
Instead, consider trying:
- CBD infused products such as shampoos
- CBD oil that you apply directly to your scalp and massage into your head
In addition to adding CBD to your hair care routine, you can take additional steps to protect and keep your scalp healthy. Be sure to use conditioner so you don’t pull on your hair while de-tangling it, wear a hat outside to protect it from the sun, and limit the use of hot tools.