If you are taking CBD gummies, you likely are doing so for a reason. You may be using the best CBD gummies for headaches or looking for a product to help you relax and get through your day. Or, you may simply like the effects CBD gives you.
Imagine popping open a new container, eating your favorite gummy, and waiting about an hour to start feeling effects. But the effects never come.
Making an online purchase can be scary, no matter what you are buying. You want to make sure you are getting a high-quality product that looks and is exactly as advertised. As you look for high quality affordable CBD gummies to purchase online, you will want to do some research to ensure you get what you are searching for.
What Are CBD Gummies?
CBD cannabidiol gummies are gummy candies that have been infused with CBD. CBD gummies’ popularity has remained strong because they combine CBD’s relaxing effects with everyone’s favorite childhood candy: gummies.
The key to CBD gummies is the fact that they are infused with CBD. But, if you buy products from a less than reputable seller, you may find yourself with gummies that have simply had CBD dusted on them or that don’t contain any CBD at all.
How to Find CBD Gummies You Can Trust
So, how can you ensure the product you are considering purchasing, or have already purchased, are the best CBD gummies out there? You will need to do a little research.
Before we get into what you should look for and how to find the information you need, it’s important to know the types of CBD products on the market. These are full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate.
- CBD full spectrum gummies are gummies that contain all the compounds found in a cannabis plant.
- Broad-spectrum CBD products contain all naturally occurring compounds as full-spectrum does, but without THC (though a small amount may remain).
- CBD isolate gummies and products are pure CBD. They will contain only CBD and no other compounds—including THC.
Because the FDA does not regulate CBD, consumers have to do their due diligence and rely on third-party product testing to ensure the manufacturer’s claims are accurate. Are those low carb CBD gummies really low carb? You can find out all you need to know about your gummies by looking at third-party lab results.
Consumers can find these results in a COA or Certificate of Analysis. A COA is often available on retailer’s websites, but you can also email the manufacturer to request one if you can’t find it. When looking at this report, you’ll want to:
- Make sure the CBD and THC content listed on the label match what the COA shows. For example, if you have an isolate CBD gummy, there should be no THC listed on the COA or the label.
- Look at the cannabinoids and other compounds listed. If you are using a full-spectrum CBD gummy product, there should be additional compounds listed in the COA for that product.
- Look at additional lab charts. Third-party testing also checks for the presence of heavy metals, pesticides, and other content. You should look to ensure these aren’t present at all or are only present in safe doses.
When you review the label and the COA and find significant discrepancies, look for edible gummies CBD from another source.
How Much CBD Your Gummies Contain
As you analyze the COA, you’ll also be looking at how much CBD your gummies contain. It’s important to remember that many companies will list the total amount of CBD in the entire package on the label, not the amount each gummy contains.
For example, 750 mg CBD gummies would mean there is a lot of CBD in each gummy candy. But that’s not the case. Instead, you’ll want to divide that number by the total number of gummies in the container to find out how much CBD each gummy has. So, for this 750 mg bottle, you’ll likely have 30 individual candies with CBD 25mg gummies.
Finding the Best CBD Gummies: A Summary
By comparing the claims made in your CBD gummy container with the results of a COA, you can have peace of mind that you are getting the best CBD gummies on the market. The claims and the results should be close. If there are big differences, you’ll want to make your purchase from another company.