Summer is finally here, which for many people means more time outdoors. Whether it is a day at the beach, a weekend camping trip, a day of yard work, or other fun outdoor activities, time outside is good for the mind and body.
Science has found that time in the sun offers many benefits for people, such as:
- Improved mental health. Sunlight can boost serotonin levels, which leads to an improved mental state. It’s no surprise that a lack of sunlight in the winter months can trigger bouts of seasonal depression for many Americans. Spending some time in the sun can help.
- More vitamin D. Vitamin D is great for the skin, and as little as five to 30 minutes (depending on your skin type and color) can boost your body’s production of this essential vitamin.
- Better health. Time outside tends to mean people are more active. The more activity people are doing, the better their health is likely to be.
With all the benefits the sun offers also comes the worry about too much sun, and people can spend a lot of time looking for the best skincare for summertime use. As we continue to learn the benefits of combining CBD oil and skincare, we are also discovering that CBD could help protect skin from the sun.
And this doesn’t involve just using things like sunscreen; even CBD-infused products like hemp bath bombs can help you have more fun in the sun this summer.
Why You Need to Protect Your Skin
While time outside is undoubtedly beneficial, it is imperative that you protect your skin from the sun and care for it during the summer. Not doing so can cause:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- Acne breakouts
Combining CBD With Skincare
- When applied to the skin, CBD may help protect your skin against free radicals. These agents are caused by exposure to everyday pollutants and UV rays, and they are responsible for premature signs of aging. Antioxidants are the best way to protect yourself from these, and CBD is a powerful antioxidant that could minimize damage by free radicals and improve your skin’s overall health.
- CBD has anti-inflammatory properties. While this benefit won’t protect your skin from damage, like sunburn, it may help your skin recover faster after experiencing sunburn. CBD could help soothe the pain sunburns cause while also helping to alleviate redness and swelling. By using CBD topically, you can help speed up your skin’s recovery from damage.
- CBD has antibacterial properties. This is a lesser-known benefit of CBD but an extremely beneficial one. As your skin heals from sunburn, CBD may help prevent infection from occurring. It could also play a role in preventing acne breakouts.
- It can lock in moisture. Properly moisturizing your skin can go a long way in keeping it looking its best and protecting it from damage. That’s one reason CBD oil beauty products are becoming so popular. CBD could play a key role in helping balance out your skin’s oil production and lock in the moisture your skin needs to stay healthy-looking, even after a lot of time in the sun.
How to Protect Your Skin With CBD
There are many CBD products out there that could help you protect your skin this summer. CBD sunscreen products are an option as they could help protect you from sun damage (when used properly) while also offering the many other benefits CBD has to offer.
But, if your skin has become damaged or you want to use CBD as part of your skin regimen this summer, there are other options too. CBD bath bombs are a great way to unwind after a long, active day outside. The best CBD bath bomb will soothe sore muscles while also soaking into your skin and helping to repair it.
You can also try a hemp sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin a few times a week. This will remove any dead cells and help prevent them from getting clogged up by sunscreen and sweat, two summer staples.
Apply CBD lotion and cream after a long day out to nourish your skin and help it recover any moisture it has lost after being outdoors.