Summertime means the return of many favorite things: warm temperatures, sunshine, and vacations, to name a few. But it can also mean the return of one nuisance: bugs.
Mosquitos, bees, and other pesky insects often crash outdoor gatherings and even find their way inside homes. Though they (and we) may wish to live in harmony, it’s not long before you or a loved one ends up bitten or stung.
You can find many bug repellent and relief products out there, both store-bought and homemade, but have you considered using CBD to help treat symptoms from these bites and stings?
We’ll show you the CBD benefits in skincare and why you may want to consider adding CBD to your bug bite remedy arsenal.
The Trouble with Bugs
Bug bites can cause many symptoms, ranging in severity. Common bug bite and sting side effects include:
- Pain at the site
If you are allergic to bee stings or certain bug bites, you may find yourself having a more severe reaction, such as shortness of breath, trouble breathing, or anaphylactic shock. If you experience these severe symptoms, be sure to seek medical treatment right away.
Ever wondered what causes our bodies to have such strong reactions to bug bites and bee stings?
When a mosquito bites you, your body will recognize its saliva as a foreign substance. This reaction causes your body to trigger your immune system and, in an attempt to flush it out, your immune system will release histamine, which is an inflammatory response. This response is what makes your skin swollen, itchy, and sore.
Though these reactions are unpleasant, your body is just trying to help.
How CBD Can Help with Bug Bites and Stings
There are many reasons people are starting to use products like CBD oil drops to alleviate bug bite and sting symptoms.
Here’s how CBD helps:
- CBD is an anti-inflammatory. Since your body responds to bug bites by setting off an inflammatory response, CBD can help counteract this and soothe skin irritation and inflammation and even control pain.
- CBD is also antibacterial, which can help quell your body’s response to these bites. Plus, it can help them from getting infected, especially if you find yourself scratching at the bite or sting site.
- CBD is good for the skin. There are many CBD oil skin benefits, so when you use it for bug bites, you are also caring for your skin, making CBD a double threat.
In short, by using CBD on bug bites and stings, you can help the swelling and redness go down faster, all while easing pain and soreness around the bite area. You will also reap the skincare benefits CBD has to offer.
Ways to Use CBD for Bug Bites and Stings
Studies have shown that applying CBD topically and ingesting it can both help with bug bites. This means you have many options when it comes to using CBD to help with this summertime hassle.
- Treat facial bites and stings by applying CBD oil on the face. Just put a drop or two on your skin and gently rub it in. You should feel relief very quickly.
- Use a vanilla CBD bath bomb or a charcoal CBD bath bomb as you soak in the tub. This is a great way to alleviate bug bite symptoms when they are all over your legs or even on your body after a day outdoors.
- Add unflavored CBD oil to your favorite summertime drink or snack. Though it will take about 30 minutes to take effect, its effects will last for six to eight hours, providing you with long-lasting relief.
- Apply CBD lotion to your body. You’ll soothe inflammation caused by your sting or bite, and you’ll also hydrate your skin, leaving it looking its best for shorts season. As an added bonus, CBD can help regulate oil production in your skin and seal in moisture, so your lotion will accomplish multiple jobs.
Does it Really Work?
You don’t have to take our word for it when it come s to using CBD for bite relief: You can find CBD health benefits testimonials online, where real users share the effects CBD has had on their bites and stings.