Everyone knows that food is fuel for your body. But, with all we have to juggle these days—work, family, chores—it’s no surprise that we often find ourselves tired and in need of an energy boost to finish out the day.
In addition to choosing energy-boosting foods, more people are starting to add CBD to their foods. Though CBD can have sedative properties, lower doses of CBD have shown it can help boost energy levels instead.
Whether you are looking for a recipe that will help you start the day off on the right foot, an energy-boosting snack to get through the afternoon, or a sweet snack or dessert, we’ve got a recipe for you. Check out four of our favorites below.
CBD Coffee Recipe
Start your morning off on an energizing note by combining CBD with your coffee. It will provide you with all the caffeine and energizing effects you need to be productive in the morning.
- 1 teaspoon CBD oil (consider using vanilla CBD as an extra flavoring for your coffee)
- One cup of coffee
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Make your coffee (you can choose a blend of your choice) and place it in your blender.
- Add butter, coconut oil, CBD oil, and cinnamon into the blender with the coffee.
- Blend the mixture for about 20 minutes (it should foam up).
- Pour the coffee into your mug and enjoy!
CBD Chai Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a popular way for people to ensure they have a healthy, nutritious breakfast without cooking in the morning. Add some CBD for an extra shot of energy. Prepare it at night before bed and enjoy it when you get up.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chai spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oat milk (or whichever milk you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- One serving of CBD oil (unflavored or choose a complimentary flavor; usually just a drop or two will do)
- Combine all ingredients into a mason jar (follow the order listed above).
- Stir the mixture until thoroughly combined using a butter knife.
- Put the lid on the mason jar and place it in the fridge for at least three hours (overnight is best).
CBD Strawberry Smoothie
Smoothies are a great afternoon snack and are popular pre and post-workout meals. When packed with the right ingredients, you can create a variety of flavors to meet your needs.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 milliliter of CBD (try strawberry CBD products to bring out the berry flavor)
- Four ice cubes (or more as needed)
- Place all the ingredients into your blender.
- Blend until smooth and well-combined.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Chocolate Candy CBD
Do you need a quick, sweet pick-me-up? Our CBD candy recipe combines the energizing effects of chocolate and CBD, helping you get through the day. Though you can put CBD into candy that is chocolate, gummy, or even hard candy, today, we’ll cover CBD chocolate candies.
- 1 mL CBD oil
- 10 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Candy molds
- Using a double boiler or saucepan, heat the coconut oil and chocolate chips until they are melted.
- Stir to combine.
- Test the temperature of the chocolate to ensure it is below 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your CBD oil to the melted chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into the molds.
- Place the chocolate molds in the fridge so they can set, about three hours or more.
- Store in an air-tight container when not eating them.
Can’t I Buy All This?
If making energy-boosting CBD snacks sounds like more work than you want to put in, you have options. You can find CBD edibles for sale, including CBD candy for sale, online. But, if cooking and baking are your passions, why not make your energizing CBD foods?
A Note on Dosage and Flavors
When making your energizing CBD recipes, it is essential to know how much CBD will be in your product and use the right CBD oil or other product to make it.
First, let’s take a look at dosage. As we mentioned earlier, lower doses of CBD are most often associated with energizing effects. That means when you buy high potency CBD infused gummy candy, other CBD products, or homemade CBD, a little can go a long way. Look at the amount of CBD per serving and determine how much is best for you.
When making CBD recipes of any kind, it’s crucial to make sure you choose the right products. Many recipes will call for CBD oil to make the recipe; these can be found in flavored and unflavored varieties. Be sure to choose flavors that work well together and complement what you are making.
For example, cotton candy CBD oil would be fun to use in a gummy recipe or specific smoothies but probably wouldn’t be the best choice to add additional flavor for overnight oats.
Final Energizing Thoughts
No matter how hard we try, we often find ourselves tired and struggling to start the day or get through it. Certain foods can give us the boost we need to get out of bed, be productive at work, even power through our workout. Add in a low dose of CBD, and you’ll have the energy you need to get through the day, plus all the other benefits CBD has to offer.
There are more than just these four energy-boosting CBD recipes out there, but these are excellent recipes to start with. Feel free to tailor them to meet your preferences and enjoy your new CBD-infused meals and snacks.