There are few things more relaxing after a tough day, week, or workout than coming home and hopping into a bath. For a truly relaxing experience, bath fans can add various products such as essential salts and oils.
Bath bombs combine various ingredients to create the bathing experience you need. Eucalyptus can help you make your bath even more relaxing, and peppermint oil can help soothe sore muscles. And now, there’s another ingredient more and more people are using in their bath bombs: CBD.
CBD health benefits testimonials are popping up all over the internet. In addition to the relaxing properties CBD offers on its own, users are starting to discover the CBD skincare properties it possesses as well. That’s why CBD-infused beauty products, like bath bombs, are becoming all the rage.
What are CBD Bath Bombs?
A CBD bath bomb is a typical bath bomb, but with one extra ingredient: CBD.
These, like other bath bombs, are made up of different ingredients, including essential oils, moisturizers, different scents, and more. The ingredients used to make each bath bomb are designed so that each product gives unique effects. Some, for example, may contain oils and moisturizers to help nourish the skin. Others may be chock-full of essential oils to promote relaxation and salts to help exfoliate.
Users can choose the CBD bath bomb that will best meet their desired outcome, whether that be pain relief, relaxation, and more.
The Benefits of CBD Bath Bombs
Bath bombs offer many benefits on their own, such as relaxation, exfoliation, and skincare. By adding CBD, these beloved bath enhancements elevate the experience to the next level.
There are many CBD skin benefits that make adding it to your bath routine sensical. Some of the benefits CBD offers your skin include:
- Extra moisture: Early research shows that CBD can help moisturize skin and even balance out the skin’s oil production.
- Soothe irritation: CBD is an anti-inflammatory and can help alleviate skin redness.
- Promote relaxation and ease anxiety: You can read CBD anxiety testimonials to see the anxiety benefits it offers. Adding CBD to your bath can help melt away worries and help you truly relax.
How to Make a CBD Bath Bomb at Home
Though you can certainly find a variety of CBD bath bombs on the market, you can also make your own customized bath bomb that features all your favorite ingredients and provides you the experience you desire right from home.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your CBD bath bomb:
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/8 cup of cornstarch
- 1/8 cup Epsom salts
- ½ cup citric acids
- 1 tablespoon unflavored CBD oils1 teaspoon of each essential oil you want to include (such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 mold (bath bomb mold or even a muffin tin would work)
Now, let’s get started:
- Combine your baking soda, cornstarch, Epsom salts, and citric acid in a large mixing bowl.
- In your smaller mixing bowl, mix your unflavored pure CBD oil, chosen essential oils, and water.
- Slowly incorporate your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients using your whisk (just like you’d do when baking).
- (Optional step) If you want to add some color to your CBD bath bomb, add color powder in with your dry ingredients.
- Fill two sides of your mold with the mixture, packing it tightly. Then, press the mold closed.
- Let the mixture sit overnight, so it hardens. Then, remove the bath bomb from the mold.
- Put your bath bomb in the tub and enjoy your soak!
There are also many other ways you can enjoy all the benefits CBD has to offer.
Consider working CBD yoga into your workout routine. This popular workout not only helps you relax but can also soothe sore muscles before they happen.
CBD oil drops can = spice up your food. Simply add some to your favorite meal; just be sure to choose a CBD oil with a flavor that compliments your dish. For a quick hit, you can also simply put a few drops under your tongue.
Finally, products combining CBD oil and skincare are one of the newest trends in the CBD world. You can find many skincare and beauty products infused with CBD (such as lotions, creams, and more), allowing you to expand on the benefits your CBD bath bomb offers.